The Kowree Advocate commenced on 15th October 1930 and ran through to 22 February 1995. The hard copies of these papers have been sent to Melbourne to be microfilmed and then digitised.
Two other newspapers operated in the early days. The Edenhope Chronicle operated from 22nd July 1903 to 22nd May 1908. The Kowree Shire Advertiser and Apsley, Edenhope , Harrow Advocate operated from 20th April 1888 to 31st March 1916. These two newspapers have already been micofilmed and are held at the State Library of Victoria and are accessible to the public for viewing free of charge.